Blogger Hop & Friday Follow 11.5.10


It's time for The Blogger Hophosted by Crazy-for-Books and Follow Friday, hosted by Parajunkee's View. They created these memes to give bloggers and readers a chance to network, support each other and find new blogs to read & enjoy.

TODAY'S QUESTION on CRAZY-FOR-BOOKS:
What are your feelings on losing followers? Have you ever stopped following a blog?
PART 1:  This is a really great question because it's something that all of us bloggers have either experienced or given a lot of thought to.  Let's face it, it's a bummer to see our Follower number go down, even if it's just by one.  It's happened to us before and it makes us wonder, "Did we do something wrong or offensive?  Why didn't they like us?  Could we do something differently?  Do we smell funny?  LOL"  But I've learned that there are different strokes for different folks and there is nothing wrong with that :)  I would rather have 5 genuine followers who enjoy what we have to say and participate with us than 500 followers who are nothing more than a number.

Jen from Crazy-for-Books also made a very good point on her post today.  Newborn bloggers make their way around Bloglandia in the hopes of gaining more followers.  The more followers we have, the more liked and appreciated we feel.  However, we must bear in mind that just the way you and I enjoy getting comments, we must do the same for others (and not just spam them, which I'll admit to having done *for shame*).

PART 2:  Yes, I have stopped following certain blogs.  I really & truly try to only follow blogs that I enjoy visiting (for any number of different reasons).  I've stopped following blogs where I've lost interest in the posts or if they're all about product placement (which is fine for some but I, frankly, don't need to know about the latest advancements in vacuum cleaning!)  I really wish I could frequently visit all the blogs I follow b/c there are some awesome-possum bloggers out there ~ but there are just too many. I try to clean house from time to time in order to feel less pressured, "eek, how can I possibly visit 5,000 blogs today?"  But alas, I may not comment as often as I like - but I sure do visit *wink*

Jen also challenged us to find a NEW blogger and visit them next week leaving them 5 comments on 5 different posts.  I'll be participating in this because I wanna help spread the bloggy love ♥



TODAY'S QUESTION on PARAJUNKEE:
Who are our favorite authors?

Ooh, this is like asking to only eat one potato chip!  My tastes are always changing, but there are a few authors out there who I'm true-blue-loyal to and are on my Auto-Buy list!  They are: Gail Carriger, Gena Showalter, Richelle Mead, Sarah MacLean {she's new but I lurrrve her}, Jennifer Haymore, Rachel Vincent, Meredith Duran, Cassandra Clare...oh heck, just check out my Goodreads :)


Have a SUPER weekend!!


Thanks for stopping by and if you're new to us, don't forget to leave a comment with your blog link so we can visit YOU too!

♥Isalys
 

8 comments:

  1. Just stopping by to say hi since I am already a follower. Great answers. I completely agree on both accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hopping by, already a follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply wish I had more time to visit and comment all those wonderful blogs!

    Take yours, I ADORE your blog and your girls are sweetness! I read nearly all of your post in my google reader, but I not always and way to little come and comment.

    At least now I'm here to wish you a wonderful weekend!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy hopping day!
    I´m stopping by from Parajunkee´s FF!
    I can´t believe I forgot Gena Showalter and Cassandra Clare! There are too many great authors...
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who are your favorite authors??

    My favorite authors are:
    Maeve Binchy
    J.K. Rowling
    Stephenie Meyer
    Charlaine Harris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I had me a bummer moment just this week. I lost a follower. It hurt a little too. I try not to take it personally.

    But then I gained 2 more as of today. So it works I guess.

    Here's my full answer at my blog: http://jessica-agreatread.blogspot.com/2010/11/book-blogger-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Hop* just taking a break here to say hello :) Who knew all this hopping would be exhausting?

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison